Saturday, February 26, 2011

So I guess I should explain myself....

A lot of people have been asking exactly what will be involved in my jewellery fixing classes, so here's the low down.
Let me start by assuring you that no experience is necessary - it's all cold joining techniques we're dealing with here (not soldering precious metals); jump rings, glue, weaving, stringing, crimps and all that garb. There's definitely a knack to it, but that's what I'm here to teach you!
So what are we fixing? You'll bring along all your old jewellery and trinkets (broken or not) and we'll fix them or make new designs out of them so that we get them out of storage and back onto your body, where they should be. People normally leave with 2 - 5 new pieces of jewellery, depending on how many pieces you've bought along and how fast you work.
The main item we'll focus on making is the 'EG Collage Brooch Special'. Sounds special doesn't it? It is. So bring along all your favourite/not-so-favourite/down right ugly pieces (especially chain and pieces that can pin to your clothing) and we'll find a way to work them in to something amazing.
I'll supply the basics (mostly recycled from old jewellery) like brooch backs, wire, jump rings etc, as well as tea and bickies - but of course!
*Also* if you can prove to me you've caught public transport, ridden or walked to the class, then I'm going to reward your awesome ways with a 'egSquared' brooch worth $35!!
Happy travelling and I'll see you there.
eg

No comments:

Post a Comment